Thursday, August 29, 2024

Tristin's Interesting Map

 

 
                     The map you are looking at now is not real by any means, however, it is a map I have connected with due to the countless times I have looked at it. This is the overview of the map from the video game God of War. Being my favorite video game of all time, I have gone into the menu of this game and looked at this map too many times to count. I picked this map because it is perhaps my favorite demonstration of a region/location I have ever seen whether real or fake. The depictions in this map are incredible and make it more than just a simple map used for direction and placement. The details of this map make it a representation of setting, culture, environment, etc.
                     If you look closely, you can see details that are extraordinary compared to average maps. For example, a crucial location in this game is centered around a fallen giant, whom of which you can see clearly at the very top-center point of the map. This as well as details like Jormungandr, also known as the world serpent, that can be seen poking out of the water surrounding the center temple. The visual detail of this map is something that has always amazed me, and these very details have caused this particular map to stand out from any map I had ever seen before, real or fake. Along with holding a place in my heart, being from a game I consider to be my favorite, the incredible representation of Norse style and culture that this map is, is exactly why I chose it for this post.

1 comment:

Asia G said...

I really was excited to see that Tristin had picked a map also from a videogame! This map is very interesting and even though I have not played God of War yet, the visuals of the map and world-building make me more intrigued to play it. The way Tristin had talked about the map and the game itself really sells the game to me, as well as he talked about how it has culture and so much meaning is so important.