Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Brooke's Interesting Map

    I chose this map because it really stood out to me. I like that it's a map about something that you wouldn't see often, rather than just being another map of where things are, but rather focuses on the differences and similarities of neighboring locations. The map itself stood out to me, as I feel like it really catches your eye and makes you look and truly want to see what the map is about. I truly feel like you can look at this and take things away from it, that maybe you wouldn't have known before. 

    Something that stood out to me upon looking at the map was how all of the camouflages were different. Some of them did look similar, but there is at least one aspect of difference in every single one. I think that it allows one to look and really think about how although there is something similar, not only in this but in every aspect of culture, there are still differences. Personally, I never looked at camouflage deep enough to see that there are differences, or even that there could be differences, but this map allowed me to take a deeper look and see that there are. 

    Another thing that stood out to me about this map is that the area that it covers is smaller than a lot of the maps that I have seen in the past. I think that typically, when I see a map it covers a larger surface area. Looking at this map allowed me to really focus on a smaller area and really see the similarities and differences of neighboring locations by focusing, rather than trying to look at too much at a time. 

    I also found it interesting that when looking at the rifles, some were different while others were the same. I think that this can again tie back to the idea of culture, about how there are shared and different characteristics. Even though the countries could possibly fight against each other, the rifles that they are using are the same, but there are some distinctly different ones at the same time. 

    Overall, I think that a key takeaway of this map is that even in neighboring locations, there are characteristics in any aspect, even warfare, that are the same, while there are also ones that are different. None of them are exactly the same, thanks to those non-shared traits, however not one is superior to another thanks to the shared ones. I think that this can apply to any aspect of culture, that none are exactly the same, but that they are all just as important as the next one. 

    

No comments: